June 11, 2011

Passion.

Whenever I get down, I head to the bookstore. Either because I am drawn to the knowledge and wisdom that is held in one giant room or because I am a law student that feels like I should be productive even when I am taking a break from studying. Anyway, throughout the year I have been finding myself reading books about finding my passion in life. My favorite book so far has been Warren Buffet's (the gagillionaire) son, Peter Buffet's book: Life is what you make it. Then I ventured into "The 4-Hour Work Week" by Tim Ferriss. Yesterday I finished reading my new favorite, Crush It: Cash in on Your Passion by Gary Vaynerchuk (this crazy wine lover with a Winelibrary.com). 
I have been searching for my passion, when I realized this entire time that I was looking for some detailed niche of a passion to jump out at me, like "decorating" "fashion" "metalworking" "lawyering" "painting" "olympic swimming"-not! That is not my passion- those are hobbies or jobs!!! My passion is more broad than just a thing to do... it is colors, it is textures, it is patterns, it is materials and stones and metals and fabric and lace and velvet and canvas and ropes and and and and and... you see... I could go on and on about something none of you all care anything about. Well... some people out there DO care about these things. I am going to try to focus my blog on this passion. I want people to come to my site and be so excited about pink taffeta with silver rhinestones as I am just by stopping by my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...